Published on April 23rd, 2014 | by MaxiSoler0
BlackArch Linux v2014.04.21 Released
BlackArch Linux is an Arch-based GNU/Linux distribution for pentesters and security researchers. The BlackArch package repository is compatible with existing Arch installs.
Needless to say that BlackArch has integrated our cross-linked open source vulnerability database vFeed
- added new system packages: mplayer, abs, ack, bc, bridge-utils, darkhttpd, flashplugin, inotify-tools, irssi, makepasswd, mercurial, mplayer, rtorrent, scrot, strace, tor-browser-en
- added .Xresources with entries for xterm
- added wicd to system start (systemctl)
- added wicd and wicd-gtk networkmanager
- removed ‘xset r rate 150 100’ entry for X
- updated menu entries
- added more than 150 new tools
- replaced zathura pdf reader with mupdf
- Support for i686, x86_64, armv6h and armv7h architectures
- Over 750 tools (constantly increasing)
- Modular package groups
- A live ISO with multiple window managers, including dwm, fluxbox, openbox, awesome, wmii, i3 and spectrwm.
- An installer with the ability to build from source.