Published on September 6th, 2013 | by MaxiSoler0
OWASP Broken Web Applications Project VM v1.1 Released
The Broken Web Applications (BWA) Project is a collection of vulnerable web applications that is distributed on a Virtual Machine.
The Broken Web Applications (BWA) Project produces a Virtual Machine running a variety of applications with known vulnerabilities for those interested in:
- Learning about web application security
- Testing manual assessment techniques
- Testing automated tools
- Testing source code analysis tools
- Observing web attacks
- Testing WAFs and similar code technologies
- All the while saving people interested in doing either learning or testing the pain of having to compile, configure, and catalog all of the things normally involved in doing this process from scratch.
Changelog v1.1 (2013-07-30)
- Updated Mutillidae, Cyclone, and WAVSEP.
- Updated OWASP Bricks and configured it to pull from SVN.
- Fixed ModSecurity CRS blocking and rebuilt ModSecurity to include LUA support.
- Increased VM’s RAM allocation to 1Gb.
- Set Tomcat to run as root (to allow some traversal issues tested by WAVSEP).
- Updated landing page for OWASP 1-Liner to reflect that the application is not fully functional.
More Information: here