Published on June 3rd, 2013 | by NJ Ouchn0
vFeed – Open Source Cross Linked Vulnerability Database version beta 0.3.5 released
vFeed framework is an open source naming scheme concept that provides extra structured detailed third-party references and technical characteristics for a CVE entry through an extensible XML schema.
It also improves the reliability of CVEs by providing a flexible and comprehensive vocabulary for describing the relationship with other security references and standards.
- Extended the checkREDHAT method
- Added the support of Redhat OVAL ids reference. Now, vFeed reports more accurate Redhat Patchs with associated Redhat OVAL ids >> https://www.redhat.com/security/data/oval/
- Added the support of Redhat Bugzilla Ids and advisory issue date
- Added the support of Debian ids. vFeed now reports DSA as patch
- Added the support of Mandriva ids (still limited. More extended version will be introduced)
- Extended Exploitation Checks to support Saint Corporation Exploits >> http://www.saintcorporation.com/cgi-bin/exploits.pl. If available, title, link to exploit file are reported
- To reflect the newest cross references, 3 new methods have been added
- checkREDHAT extended to support Redhat OVAL, Bugzilla ids more redhat patchs ids.
- checkDEBIAN to check for debian patchs
- checkMANDRIVA to check for mandrake patchs
- checkSAINT to check for Saint corporation exploits
- Fixed a small bug in checkRISK() (thanks to Ronald Bister https://github.com/savon-noir)
- Updating wiki documentation in progress >> https://github.com/toolswatch/vFeed/wiki