Wireshark v1.8.1 Released
Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network. It is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Wireshark development thrives thanks to the contributions of networking experts across the globe. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
- wnpa-sec-2012-11: The PPP dissector could crash. (Debian bug 680056) –> Versions affected: 1.4.0 to 1.4.13, 1.6.0 to 1.6.8, 1.8.0.
- wnpa-sec-2012-12: The NFS dissector could use excessive amounts of CPU. (Bug 7436). Versions affected: 1.4.0 to 1.4.13, 1.6.0 to 1.6.8, 1.8.0.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Wireshark crashes on bootp filter. (Bug 7391)
- Wireshark > 1.4 does not correctly read Association ID for PS Poll packets. (Bug 7429)
- Radius-EAP broken since 1.8.0 release. (Bug 7430)
- SNMP incorrectly marks SNMPv3 “discovery” packet as malformed. (Bug 7438)
- Widgets are not properly expanded in GTK3. (Bug 7377)
- Find Next Mark duplicated on Edit Menu. (Bug 7445)
- DVB-CI/CI+: fix offset error in operator_info apdu. (Bug 7468)
- Unable to correctly identify IEC 61850 MMS packets. (Bug 7488)
- WinPcap doesn’t install if vcredist_x64 requires reboot. (Bug 7507)
New and Updated Features
There are no new features in this release.
New Protocol Support
There are no new protocols in this release.
Updated Protocol Support
- BACapp, BOOTP, DCERPC SPOOLSS, DVB-CI, H.248, IEEE 802.11, Jmirror, NAS EPS, NFS, PPP, RELOAD Framing, SES, SNMP, XMPP
Download Wireshark v1.8.1