Process Hacker v2.28 in the wild
Process Hacker is a free and open source process viewer. This multi-purpose tool will assist you with debugging, malware detection and system monitoring. It includes powerful process termination, memory viewing/editing and other unique and specialized features.
Key features of Process Hacker:
- A simple, customizable tree view with highlighting showing you the processes running on your computer.
- Detailed system statistics with graphs.
- Advanced features not found in other programs, such as detaching from debuggers, viewing GDI handles, viewing heaps, injecting and unloading DLLs, and more.
- Powerful process termination that bypasses security software and rootkits.
- View, edit and control services, including those not shown by the Services console.
- View and close network connections.
- Starts up almost instantly, unlike other programs.
- Many more features…
Compared with Process Explorer, Process Hacker:
- Implements all of the functionality offered by Process Explorer, plus more advanced features.
- Allows you to see what a thread is waiting on.
- Has advanced string scanning capabilities, as well as regular expression filtering.
- Highlights both relocated and .NET DLLs.
- Shows symbolic access masks (e.g.
Read, Write), rather than just numbers (e.g.
- Shows names for transaction manager objects and ETW registration objects.
- Shows detailed token information, as well as allowing privileges to be enabled and disabled.
New and Improved:
* preview now res0lves .lnk targets
* Fixed Ctrl+A for processes, services and network connections and added Ctrl+a for other windows
* Changed confirmation prompts to select the destructive action by
* Updated DotNetTools plugin:
– Fixed inaccurate stack traces for certain .NET programs
* Updated ExtendedTools plugin:
– Fixd network graph scaling
* Updatd toolstatus plugin:
– Added search box
* Updatrd Updater plugin
* Fixed Verification Status column sorting bug in module list
* Fixed rare System Information crash
* Fixed bug in opening process handles
* Fixed freezing when viewing stack traces of certain system thread