NEWT Professional the Network Inventory and Discovery Tool v2.5 available
Network inventory has never been easier. While many competitors rely exclusively on agentless methods crippled by remote registry and WMI misconfiguration issues, slow operation (single threaded) or high bandwidth usage (multithreaded), NEWT® Professional uses a sophisticated light-weight (500KB) client automatically deployed to remote machines without any user intervention, providing a much faster scan of 100 machines in less than 5 minutes. This technique is similar to those employed by DameWare, VNCand other remote administration tools. In combination with our unique “SimulScan” multithreaded technology, NEWT® Professional can act like an agentless solution to the user while having many agent-based benefits. By default, clients remain on machines for a specified number of days for even faster scanning and automatically remove themselves without any user intervention. Zero Footprint options are also available.
On the other hand, many products that do use software agents require hours or even days of set up time, need 2MB or larger footprints or use a lot of bandwidth during deployment. With NEWT® Professional one only needs to pick one or many computers and click the “Scan” button. This method gathers information just minutes after downloading. Once you try it, we doubt you’ll never look back. It’s a true install-and-go solution.
NEWT® Professional Features
- Robust fully multithreaded IP Discovery provides virtually unlimited number of IP ranges, reliable IP detection and identification of PC and non-PC devices such as network printers, routers through an internal database.
- NEW multithreaded network inventory methods allow over 200 items to be retrieved accurately from 100 machines in less than 5 minutes from the first installation. Subsequent scans are faster, and Scan Speed settings allow even faster inventory. The unique status display provides satisfying feedback of the scan progress.
- Extreme low network bandwidth usage- less than 25 kb/sec in each direction, allowing scanning of the slowest WANs.
- Takes advantage of multiple CPUs and cores to spread out the work during scans.
- Interface is 100% available during scans, increasing productivity.
- Clients are updated automatically for new versions. There is no need to ever visit a remote machine.
- Autonomous removal of clients – all Newt-related files are automatically removed after a specified number of days, even if the machine is removed from the network or moved to another network.
- More detailed information than agentless systems, such as hard drive temperature, true Internet IP, detailed RAM Slots info, default printer, network adapter connection speed, detailed antivirus info, USB version (1.1/2.0) and more.
- Custom credentials feature provides a unique username and password for each machine.
- Unlimited Default Credentials – Enter as many different usernames and passwords as you like and Newt will try them all on each machine until successful. When Newt finds one that allows access, it remembers by adding that credential to Custom Credentials for that particular machine.
- Scan only the items you need using scan properties.
- View all machines at once with a unique tabbed interface, eliminating the need to drill down through data.
- Conveniently view a single machine with the Detail View.
- Efficiently explore domains and workgroups, showing operating system and comments in real-time with a Fully integrated Network Browser
- Count occurrences of any item with a powerful itemization tool.
- Ability to include machines in the Active Directory.
- Load Machine lists from simple text files or Add Machines Manually
- Export data to a fully relational Microsoft Access (MDB), MS Excel, HTML, CSV (Comma Separated Value), or plain fixed-spaced text files.
- Time Elapsed and Estimated Time Remaining displayed during scans.
- Tab Manager allows quick and easy manipulation and access to columnar data.
- Perfect for network consultants who don’t have time to set up solutions taking hours or days.
- At less than a 5MB download, NEWT® Pro is extremely lightweight.
- No reboot necessary after install.
- Compatible with all NT-based operating systems, including Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP Pro, Windows Media Center, Windows 2003, Windows Vista and Windows 7. All flavors of Windows Server are also supported, as well as Vista Basic and Home and Windows 7 Home. Windows XP Home and Windows 98/ME are currently not supported.
- One-time purchase – there are no leasing or rental fees. Once purchased, your organization owns that particular version for life. *
- Technical support is free for the first year, upgrades are free forever.