Wireshark v1.8.0 Released
Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network. It is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Wireshark development thrives thanks to the contributions of networking experts across the globe. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998.
The following bugs have been fixed:
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 1.6:
- Wireshark supports capturing from multiple interfaces at once.
- You can now add, edit, and save packet and capture file annotations.
- Wireshark, TShark, and their associated utilities now save files using the pcap-ng file format by default. (Your copy of Wireshark might still use the pcap file format if pcap-ng is disabled in your preferences.)
- Decryption key management for IEEE 802.11, IPsec, and ISAKMP is easier.
- OID resolution is now supported on 64-bit Windows.
- The “Save As” menu item has been split into “Save As”, which lets you save a file using a different filename and “Export Specified Packets”, which lets you have more control over which packets are saved.
- TCP fast retransmissions are now indicated as an expert info note, rather than a warning, just as TCP retransmissions are.
- TCP window updates are no longer colorized as “Bad TCP”.
- TShark’s command-line options have changed. The previously undocumented -P option is now -2 option for performing a two-pass analysis; the former -S option is now the -P option for printing packets even if writing to a file, and the -S option is now used to specify a different line separator between packets.
- GeoIP IPv6 databases are now supported.
New Protocol Support
Aastra Signalling Protocol (AASP), ActiveMQ OpenWire, Bandwidth Reservation Protocol (BRP), Bazaar, Binary Floor Control Protocol, BitTorrent DHT, C12.22, CANopen, CIP Motion, CIP Safety, Cisco FabricPath MiM, DMX Channel Data, DMX SIP, DMX Test, DMX Text, DMX, DVB Application Information Table, DVB Bouquet Association Table, DVB Event Information Table, DVB MultiProtocol Encapsulation (DVB-MPE), DVB Network Information Table, DVB Service Description Table, DVB Time and Date Table, DVB Time Offset Table, DVB/ETSI IP Data Cast (IPDC) Electronic Service Guide (ESG), ECP VDP, EIA-709.1 (LonTalk), EIA-852 (CN/IP), ELCOM, Ericsson A-bis OML (OM 2000), Ericsson HDLC, Ericsson Proprietary PCAP, ETSI CAT, ETV-AM Data, ETV-AM EISS Section, Flight Message Transfer Protocol (FMTP), Gadu-Gadu, GEO-Mobile Radio (1) BCCH, GEO-Mobile Radio (1) Common, GEO-Mobile Radio (1) DTAP, GEO-Mobile Radio (1) Radio Resource, Gluster Callback, Gluster CLI, Gluster Dump, Gluster Portmap, GlusterD, GlusterFS Callback, GlusterFS Handshake, GlusterFS, GSM A-bis OML, GSM CBCH, GSM Cell Broadcast Service, GSM SIM, H.248.2, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), HART/IP, Hazelcast, HDFS Data, High bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP), High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR), HomePlug AV, HSR/PRP, IEEE 1722.1, ISO 7816, ixveriwave, Kismet drone/server protocol, KristalliNet, LCS-AP, Link Access Procedure, Satellite channel (LAPSat), LLRP, LTE Positioning Protocol A (LPPa), LTE Positioning Protocol, M3 Application Protocol (M3AP), MAC Address Acquisition Protocol, MBMS synchronisation protocol, Microsoft Credential Security Support Provider (CredSSP), MoldUDP, MoldUDP64, MPEG Conditional Access, MPEG descriptors, MPEG DSM-CC, MPEG Program Association Table (PAT), MPEG Program Map Table, MPEG Section, MPLS Packet Loss and Delay Measurement, MPLS-TP Protection State Coordination, Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MRVP), Netfilter LOG, NOE, NXP MiFare, NXP PN532, Open IPTV Forum openSAFETY, Performance Co-Pilot (PCP), PPI Sensor, RDP, RTP-MIDI, SBc Application Part (SBc-AP), SDH/SONET, Solaris IP over InfiniBand, Sony FeliCa, T.124, UA (Universal Alcatel), UA3G, UASIP, UAUDP, USB Integrated Circuit Card Interface Device Class (CCID), V5 Data Link Layer (V5DL), V5 Envelope Function (V5EF), Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN), VSS-Monitoring, Vuze DHT, WaveAgent, WebSocket, WSE Remote Ethernet, XMCP, YAMI
Download Wireshark v1.8.0