Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 Build 20120326 Released
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) is an automated web application security testing tool that audits your web applications by checking for exploitable hacking vulnerabilities. Automated scans may be supplemented and cross-checked with the variety of manual tools to allow for comprehensive web site and web application penetration testing.
New Security Checks
Acunetix WVS 8 now runs security tests for Joomla 1.6.x/1.7.x/2.5.x Privilege Escalation.
Acunetix WVS 8 now provides security tests Joomla 1.7/2.5 Core SQL Injection.
- The crash in the Login Sequence Recorder has been fixed.
- The Login Sequence Recorder is accurately parsing websites which send back GZIP encoded content, even if it was not specified in the Accept-Encoding header.
- The Acunetix Reporter has improved the handling of missing scans reports.
- The Acunetix Reporter Console supports spaces within the specified parameters.
- The Acunetix Reporter accepts longer input names.
- More advanced security checks for MongoDB and Rails Mass Assignment.