Published on January 12th, 2012 | by MaxiSoler0
Splunk v4.3 Released
Splunk is software that provides unique visibility across your entire IT infrastructure from one place in real time. Only Splunk enables you to search, report, monitor and analyze streaming and historical data from any source.
Splunk indexes any kind of IT data from any source in real time. Point your servers’ or network devices’ syslog at Splunk, set up WMI polling, monitor live logfiles, enable change monitoring on your filesystem or the Windows registry, or schedule a script to grab system metrics. Splunk indexes all your IT data without the need for any specific parsers or adapters to purchase, write or maintain. Both the raw data and the rich index are stored in an efficient, compressed, filesystem-based datastore with optional data signing and auditing for data integrity. The more data you index, the more insight you’ll gain from your IT infrastructure.
A more powerful user interface
- Availability on non-Flash-enabled mobile devices
- Being easier for business users: Users no longer have to edit XML to edit dashboards
- Ability to access real-time and historical analysis in a single step
- Accessing vital granular trend data at-a-glance via sparklines.
Speed and scale
- Up to 10X faster “needle in a haystack” search
- Up to 10X more concurrent users on same deployment.
- Ability to preview new data sources before indexing
- Expanded controls for operational monitoring
- Easier alignment to complex enterprise security policies.
Download Splunk v4.3