Published on September 12th, 2011 | by MaxiSoler0
smooth-sec IDS/IPS v1.2 released
Smooth-Sec is a ready to-go IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention System) linux distribution based on the multi threaded Suricata IDS/IPS engine and Snorby, the top notch web application for network security monitoring.
Smooth-Sec is built on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS using the TurnKey Core base as development platform. Functionality is the key point that allow to deploy a complete IDS/IPS System up and running out of the box within a few minutes, even for security beginners with minimal Linux experience.
- Metrics Metrics & Reports
- Full packet and session data.
- Settings Custom Settings
- Native IPv6 Support
- Automatic protocol detection
- Multi threaded
- Native hardware acceleration support
- Passive OS and Portscan detection
- L7 Protocol awareness
- IP Reputation using scoring threshold
- Distributed blocking & feedback
- Global flowbits and variables
7-09-2011 – Smooth-Sec 1.2 Released
[*] Improvements and fixes
- Upgraded to Kernel 2.6.32-33-generic-pae with support up to 64GB RAM
- Snorby upgraded to 2.3.9 version
- Suricata upgraded to 1.1 Beta2 version
- Barnyard2 upgraded to 1.10 version
More information: http://bailey.st/blog/smooth-sec/
Thank you Phillip Bailey 😉