WireShark v1.6.0 released
Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network. It is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Wireshark development thrives thanks to the contributions of networking experts across the globe. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998.
- Large file (greater than 2 GB) support has been improved.
- Wireshark and TShark can import text dumps, similar to text2pcap.
- You can now view Wireshark’s dissector tables (for example the TCP port to dissector mappings) from the main window.
- Wireshark can export SSL session keys via File→Export→SSL Session Keys…
- TShark can show a specific occurrence of a field when using ‘-T fields’.
- Custom columns can show a specific occurrence of a field.
- You can hide columns in the packet list.
- Wireshark can now export SMB objects.